Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education as well as get to know the staff and other parents and carers.
Research shows that children benefit when their parents or carers are actively involved in their education and school life.
You can help by:
- listening to children read in the classroom
- volunteering on sports days
- helping supervise excursions
- getting involved in fundraising activities
- joining school committees.
Working with children check declaration or clearance
All volunteers who are working with our students, whether within classrooms, around the school, on an excursion or at a sporting event are required to obtain a Working With Children Check (WWCC) Declaration or Clearance. As a volunteer, there is no cost involved in applying for the check.
Volunteers can choose from two options. If any community member requires support to complete the check, please contact the front office staff in person or by calling 4232 1471.
Option 1: WWCC Application Process WWCC Application Procedures
To apply for a volunteer clearance, please click on the link above or follow the instructions below.
- Complete the online application form which can be accessed at: NSW Children's Guardian
- If you cannot access the online system, call the Children's Guardian customer service on (02) 92867276 and an officer will complete the application form for you.
- Once the application is completed, you will receive an application number.
- Present you application number, with proof of identity, to Service NSW:
- Address: 131 King Street, Warrawong NSW 2502
- Hours: Open today 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Phone: 13 77 88
5. Once your application has been processed you will be notified by email.
6. Please bring this email confirming your application and approval to the school office.
Option 2: Declaration Form Declaration and 100 Point ID Check 100 Point Check Requirement
1. Print off the Working With Children Check (WWCC) declaration form that is attached above.
2. Complete this and bring it to the school office with 100 point proof of identify check (suggested documents are on the form).
3. The Declaration and original documents for the 100 point identity check will be verified by the office. All original documents will be copied and then returned to you.