Kiama Public School logo

Kiama Public School

Kiama Public School

Let Your Deeds Shine

Telephone02 4232 1471


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Applying to enrol in primary school

If your child is currently enrolled in a NSW public school, contact us to discuss the enrolment procedures and obtain the necessary paperwork.

If your child is coming from a non-government school, contact us to make an appointment to discuss your child's potential enrolment.

If your child has a temporary visa or visitor visa you will first need to apply to enrol by contacting the temporary residents program who will give you forms to bring to the school.

Enrolment appointments

For your appointment, if your child has not been previously enrolled in a NSW public school, you will need to bring these documents with you:

  • your child's birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of student's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill (Residential Address Check)
  • Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable).

For children already enrolled in a NSW public school we only require:

  • proof of student's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

It's important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school.

After your appointment with us, you may be asked to complete an application to enrol in a NSW public school form and return it to us. We will notify you of the result of your application. Please note that this form must be completed in English. Help is available for parents who do not read English. There are also translations of the enrolment application which may help you fill out the form in English.

Enrolment requirements

When enrolling a child, parents/caregivers will be asked to provide an Immunisation History Statement. You can get your immunisation history statement straight away using either:

Alternatively, you can also call the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 and ask for an immunisation history statement to be sent to you. This can take up to 14 days to arrive in the post.

A child without an Immunisation History Statement will not be prevented from enrolling in primary school. Under the NSW Public Health Act 2010, however, children without proof of immunisation may be asked by Public Health Officials to stay at home during an outbreak of vaccine preventable disease.

Every child is entitled to be enrolled at the government school that is designated for the intake area within which the child's home is situated and that the child is eligible to attend.

Local enrolment area

Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. The School Finder shows our local enrolment area. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

Kiama Public School's intake area is zoned by the street boundaries as follows:

  • North Kiama - South of Riddell Street, Bombo
  • West Kiama - East of and including Mount Brandon Road, Jerrara
  • East Kiama - to edge of the coast
  • South Kiama - North of and including Saddleback Mountain Road in the West and Kiama Heights area in the East. Southern boundary also encompasses area off the 'Kiama Bends' east of the highway past 'Bush Bank' and down to roughly 'Train Walking Lookout' (please search your residential address in School Finder for accurate boundaries).

If you have any questions, please contact our office staff.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

The application form must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

How to enrol

For all enrolment enquiries, please contact us

If you are considering enrolment for Kindergarten 2020, please ensure you have completed our 'Prospective Enrolment' form which is available from the front office. Please also see 'Kindergarten enrolment' which outlines our program and important dates for your diary.

We look forward to welcoming you to Kiama Public School.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.