What is Parents & Citizens?
Parents & Citizens Association is an organisation consisting of local parents, teachers and citizens aimed at assisting in providing facilities and equipment for the school and promoting the interests and welfare of the school students.
How do I become a member?
All parents and carers of students enrolled at the school can join by attending a meeting of the P&C and registering as a member which then allows them voting rights at the following meeting onwards.
How do I take up a leadership position?
The P&C Executive Committee (Executive) consists of the association's office bearers (President, Vice Presidents, Secretary and Treasurer). These positions will become vacant prior to the Annual General Meeting. At the AGM any member may stand for an office bearer position.
- Ensures P&C Association functions to achieves it's objectives
- Ensures P&C Association takes part in decision-making processes in the school
- Supports volunteers
- Acts as the P&C Association's spokesperson publicly and with the Principal
- Ensures fair participation of all members and welcomes all new members
- Chairs P&C meetings.
The Vice President(s):
The VPs act as a support to the President undertaking tasks to assist in achieving the P&C objectives.
- Receives and deposits monies, maintains records, draws cheques and presents accounts.
- Presents a report in the form of an income and expenditure statement at meetings and a reconciled bank statement for each and every P&C meeting.
- Ensures that all funds (including canteen) held and handled by P&C are properly and openly accounted for.
- Signatory on the P&C accounts
- Makes recommendations about surplus funds
- Ensures an annual independent audit is undertaken of the P&C funds.
- Performs administrative tasks related to the decisions of the meetings as resolved.
- Attends every association meeting and take notes of the discussions in order to produce a set of minutes
- Ensures minutes are distributed, amended if required and adopted.
- Receives and conducts correspondence on behalf of association
- Maintains official records of the P&C Association.